THE WA COUNTRY HEALTH SERVICE
ANNUAL RURAL AND REMOTE MENTAL HEALTH CONFERENCE 2009
11TH – 13TH NOVEMBER 2009
KALGOORLIE, WESTERN AUSTRALIA
The Invitation to Register and Program-at-a-Glance are now available via the following link: WACHS Internet
The 2009 Conference theme is ‘Mental health in the bush: challenge, innovation, resilience’, exploring innovative strategies to involve:
- Drug and alcohol and mental health issues
Working in partnerships will be a continuous thread throughout the conference
The two-and-a-half day conference program will include oral presentations; practical workshops; social program and the following and notable keynote speakers:
- Professor Steven Allsop, National Drug & Research Institute, Curtin University of Technology.
- Professor Ernest Hunter, Psychiatrist, Queensland Health & Adjunct Prof. School of Population Health.
- Dr Tracey Westerman, Founder & Director, Indigenous Psychological Services.
- Professor Graham Martin, Director Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University of Queensland.
- Keith Wilson, Carer Representative.
- Liz Waters, Consumer Consultant.
Further information is available from the Conference Coordinator, Tanya Harley, email Tanya.firstname.lastname@example.org