|Welcome to our newsletter. If you have any contributions you would like to make please email them to occupyperth
#Globalnoise Street Festival – Occupy Perth One Year Anniversary – 6pm 13th October Perth Cultural Centre
Strange memories on this nervous rainy day in Perth. One year later? It seems like a lifetime, or at least a Main Era—the kind of peak that never comes again. Perth in mid-October 2011 was a very special time and place to be a part of. Maybe it meant something. Maybe not, in the long run . . . but no explanation, no mix of words or music or memories can touch that sense of knowing that you were there and alive in that corner of time and the world. Whatever it meant. . . .
There was madness in any direction, at any hour. You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right. . . .
One year ago we came together riding the crest of a new wave. What followed has been an inevitable mixture of success and failure, we’ll all judge for ourselves which was the greater.
At the very least what IS clear is that new friendships and connections have been formed. Connections that will support and sustain us through present and future struggles.
Let’s come together and enjoy those connections and the talented folk that we have amongst us and realise that we are connected to a larger struggle with amazing people all over the world.
- 5.30 Setup
- 6:00 Welcome to country and acoustic set Indigenous singer/songwriter – Dennis Symmonds
- 6:20 Occupy Speaker – 1 year of Occupy
- 6:30 Chris 1000Eyes performs his "Occupy" rap
- 6:45 Selekt Few – hip hop duo
- 7:00 Sam Wainwright – Public Planning & Development
- 7:05 Turquoise Loop – a psychedelic musical ode to Chomsky
- 7:20 Linley Lutton – Gatekeepers (waterfront develpoment)
- 7:25 Zeks – post rock band
- 7:50 Sam Fox – performance artist
- 7:50 Renegade – electro roots
- 8:10 Colin Penter – Serco Watch speaker
- 8:20 Raptor Mishap – Uke duo
- 8:40 RRANWA speaker
- 8:50 Jeff Hewitt – comedian
- 9:20 Open mic – show us your stuff!
- 10:00 De Ess – Tech Funk DJ
- Occupy Perth
- Unnamed Collective
- Socialist Alliance
- International Workers of the World
- Animal Rights Advocates
- PAW’s Vegetarian Food
- Socialist Alternative
- No Fracking WAy
- Stand up for the Burrup
- Save the Kimberley
- Forrest Alliance
- Colled Pressed Coffee
- (more to be announced)
It’s going to be a big weekend of #globalnoise…
1pm – Rally Against Unconventional Gas and Fracking – https://www.facebook.com/events/196162967179400/
2pm – Reclaim the Streets – https://www.facebook.com/events/360335774050613/
6pm – #globalnoise Street Festival – https://www.facebook.com/events/110593722423914/
2pm – Rally Against Offshore Processing – Not Malaysia, Not Nauru – https://www.facebook.com/events/379957795406628/