#140conf: Los Angeles starts on Monday October 4th
After spending the past few months working on #140conf: Los Angeles, I am excited to share a conference schedule which includes a mixture of people known from their work in the tech, media and entertainment industries together with a number of people like: Mark Horvath, Robert Moran, Eric "CandyMan" Nash, Luke Renner, Dr. Krupali Tejura and Nelson de Witt whom will be sharing their personal stories at #140conf: LA. There will be a lot of heart and soul shared on stage next week in Los Angeles.
The real-time web continues to disrupt some industries while disintermediating others. It provides a platform for inspired and innovative people to change the world and continues to help redefine business communications. At #140conf: LA people attending the conference will have a chance to experience this first hand and walk away with knowledge and a better appreciation of how empowering the real-time social web really is.
Two words will be felt — humanityand serendipity. These are two words not commonly associated with most conferences and continues to be a working theme at #140conf. This happens because of the people in our audience and the messages shared on our stage. If you are looking to better understand how the real-time social web will impact your business and your industry, there is no better place to be than Los Angeles next week as these stories are told and experiences are shared.
At #140conf LA, we embrace the people behind the stories and provide a platform to be heard and at times, discovered. Delegates attending the conference will leave #140conf: LA feeling inspired and will have a better appreciation and understanding of how powerful the real-time social web is, and how extensive the changes it is causing on the worldwide business community.
#140conf is not like any other kind of event you have been to before. It is just different.
If you are thinking about attending and not yet registered, the time to REGISTER is NOW.
Below is the updated list of our speakers. I hope you can join us in Los Angeles.
Best regards, Jeff
p.s. On the evening of October 3rd there will be a very special event taking place in Los Angeles called: Street Performers United which I am co-sponsoring. I hope to see you there. For more information please see: http://www.streetperformersunited.com.
Updated #140conf: LA Speaker List
(As of September 29, 2010)
– Aaron Ray (@redbaron1200s) – Partner & Head of Digital, The Collective
– Abdul Khan (@ImHungryinLA) – Co-founder, Verso Entertainment
– Adam Bell (@datatv) – Web Design and Branding with an attitude!
– Adam Rifkin (@AdamRifkin) – Writer / Director, LOOK
– Adam Zbar (@Tap11) – CEO, Tap11
– Ali Cobrin (@AliCobrin) – Actress
– Alison Kramer (@nummiesbras) – Owner of Nummies Nursing Bras
– Andrew Lih (@fuzheado) – dir of new media at USC Annenberg
– Andy Grammer (@andygrammer) – Music Artist
– Angela Shelton (@angelashelton) – Performer Writer Storyteller Filmmaker Teacher Artist
– Aparna Vashisht-Rota (@ApsatParentella)
– Barry Schuler (@BSchuler) – Ex Producer of LOOK, Managing Director DFJ Growth Fund
– Bob Watson (@TopBrokerOC) – Real Estate Agent, founder – #smmoc
– Brad Wyman (@bradwyman) – Producer, Look
– Brandon Litman (@onedayonearth) – Executive Producer, One Day on Earth
– Brittany Laughlin (@bLocks8) – Co-Founder, Gtrot
– Bruce Sallan (@BruceSallan) – Radio show host and writer of a dad’s column,
– Carlos R Hernandez (@CarlosHernandez) – Social media educator
– Carmen Elena Mitchell (@therealgirls) – Creator, "The Real Girls Guide to Everything Else"
– Cash Warren (@cash_warren) – producer, entrepreneur, president of Verso Entertainment
– Cathy Brooks (@CathyBrooks) – Strategic Communications Coach
– Cathy Dahn (@GastronomyBlog) – Food Blogger
– Cathy DeBuono (@cathydebuono) – Actress, Producer, Psychotherapist
– Chamillionaire (@chamillionaire) – Music Artist
– Christopher Boucher (@princeboucher) –
– Ciaran Blumenfeld (@momfluential) – Owner Francie Pants & Producer Momfluential Media
– Clinton Schaff (@clintschaff) – USC Online Communities Industry Faculty
– Colton Haynes (@ColtonLHaynes) – Actor (LOOK and THE GATES)
– Cynthia Lou (@CynthiaAnnLou) – Designer, Writer, Web & Brand Strategist
– Dan Gillmor (@dangillmor) – A life in media — music, newspapers, online, books, investing and education.
– David Wild (@Wildaboutmusic) – TV Writer, Rolling Stone Contributing Editor, Huff Po Blogger, author `He Is . . . I Say’
– Debra Eckerling (@WriteOnOnline) – Bringing Community to Writers around the World
– Dennis Carpenter (@About55) – Founder & CEO, About55
– Donna DeDario (@StarlightOnline) – Director of Corporate Partnerships & Communications, Starlight Children’s Foundation
– Dr. Greenstein (@DRG) – Chief Brainiac at bodiesinspace.com and Neuroleader/CEO of The GGI
– Eric "CandyMan" Nash (@onelovecandyman) – Street Performer: Artist, Dancer, Actor
– Eric Weaver (@Weave) – Account Director/Strategist, Tribal DDB
– Erik Oberholtzer (@TenderGreens) – Chefs at Tender Greens, garden to table, sustainable cuisine
– Evan Seinfeld (@EvanSeinfeldXXX) – ead Singer/Bassist for Biohazard, CEO RockStarPornStar
– Fran Marchello (@franalations) – Shoe Connoisseur, Vlogger, Blogger, Part Owner of dTb
– Gary Wolf (@agaricus) – Contributing editor, Wired; co-host, Quantified Self
– Gerry Campbell (@gfcampbell) – CEO, Collecta
– Gram Ponante (@gramponante) – Editor of http://gramponante.com
– Greg Johnson – SVP, Executive Creative Director & Head of Digital, William Morris Agency
– Hank Wasiak (@hankwasiak) – Author. TV Host. Teacher. Partner – The Concept Farm
– Imal Wagner (@imalwagner) – PR Specialist
– Jason Pollock (@Jason_Pollock) – Filmmaker, Writer, and Activist.
– Jeff Fowle (@JeffFowle) – Owner-Operator / President, KK Bar Ranch & AgChat Foundation
– Jeff Keni Pulver (@jeffpulver) – founder, curator, #140conf
– Jennifer Cisney (@kodakCB) – Kodak’s Chief Blogger & Social Media Manager
– Jessica Gottlieb (@JessicaGottlieb) – Wife, Mom, Blogger
– Jill Bennett (@DailyJill) – Actress, Vlogger
– Joe Fernandez (@JoeFernandez) – founder, Klout
– Johanna Blakley (@Mojojohanna) – Arts, entertainment & media researcher based at USC Annenberg School’s Norman Lear Center.
– Johnny Diggz (@JohnnyDiggz) – Chief Technology Evangelist, Tropo.com
– Jon Lansner (@jonlan) – Columnist/blogger for O.C. Register.
– Julie Cole (@juliecole) – VP, Mabel’s Labels
– Julie Spira (@JulieSpira) – Online dating expert; Author
– Julie Steelman (@JulieSteelman) – Entrepreneur’s Selling Expert.
– Kelly O’Neil (@KellyONeil) – author of Visionary Women Inspiring the World: 12 Paths to Personal Power
– Kelly Shibari (@KellyShibari) – CEO, Hourglass8 Media
– Kerianne Mellott (@Keri_Mellott) – Founder, www.MarketingMakesMeSmile.com
– Kevin Pollak (@kevinpollak) – Actor, Comedian
– Krupali Tejura, M.D. (@krupali)
– Leyla Farah (@CausePR) – Founding Partner, Cause+Effect, Inc.
– Lisa Dabbs (@teachingwthsoul) – former California school administrator, education consultant
– Lisa Steadman (@LisaSteadman) – Best selling author and owner of Woohoo, Inc.
– Lisa Tenner (@lisatenner) – Founder, Tenner & Associates, Inc.
– Lori Mackey (@LoriMackey) – author of Money Mama , inventor and speaker
– Luke Renner (@firesideint) – Founder & President, Fireside International
– Mark Bowness (@Mark_Bowness) – Creator of www.tribewanted.com
– Mark Horvath (@hardlynormal) – Founder, Invisiblepeople.tv
– Melissa Pierce (@melissapierce) – Creator of Life In Perpetual Beta
– Michael Bellavia (@animaxent) – President, Animax
– Michele Meiche (@michelemeiche) – Conscious Media Producer, AwakeningsRadio
– Michelle Branch (@michellebranch) – Music Artist
– Mike Harkey (@mharkey) – Managing Director, ImageShack Corporation
– Nastassia Johnson (@manilamachine) – L.A.’s First Filipino Food Truck.
– Nelson de Witt (@dewittn) – Chief Story Teller
– Nick Cannon (@NickCannon) – American Actor, Comedian and Television Personality.
– Ori Bengal (@CouchSurfingOri) – Adventurer, Photographer & Author
– Owen JJ Stone (@Ohdoctah) – President of Inquiring Mindz Media (IQMZ)
– Pete Housley (@petehousley) – CEO, NaughtyTweetNetwork
– Phil Hulett (@philhulett) – Co-Host of LA’s Morning News on KFWB
– Ray Prock Jr. (@RayLinDairy)
– Ree Cee (@colagrand) – President, Urban Supremacy
– Rick Bakas (@RickBakas) – Wine, Food, Branding, Dir. of Social Media at @StSupery winery, certified sommelier, author of Quick Bites
– Rishi Khaitan (@itsrishi) – Product Manager for Realtime Search, Google
– Robert Hernandez (@webjournalist) – @USCAnnenberg
– Robert Moran (@RobertMoranLA) – Cal State Fullerton journalism studen who has autism
– Salvador Duran (@salvadorduran) – correspondent for Univision Network in Los Angeles
– Sarah Kay Hoffman (@sarahkayhoffman) – "A digitally-addicted country girl"
– Shuki Lehavi (@slehavi) – founder, Gumiyo
– Smokey Bear (@smokey_bear) – Only YOU can prevent Wildfires
– Sol Lipman (@thesolster) – co-founder, 12Seconds.tv
– Stacey Soleil (@staceysoleil) – Long time Autism awareness advocate
– Steve Franklin (@SEF4PRES) – Teacher
– Sylvia Martinez (@smartinez) – President of Generation Yes
– Tanya Roscorla (@reportertanya) – Education reporter and writer
– Tia Dobi (@TiaDobi) – Copywriter
– Tim Kring (@TimKring) – Screenwriter and Television Producer
– Traci Dinwiddie (@GrooveGoddess) – Actress
– Trina Schwimmer (@gamingangel) – CE0 & Founder, GamingAngels.com
– Ward Landis (@ShoeWolf) – President. Shoe Wolf
– Willow Brugh (@willowbl00) – Director, Jigsaw Renaissance Seattle, WA
– Zac Sanford (@zacsanford) – VP Development, Suntaur Entertainment; #scriptchat
*** All Speakers Subject to Change without Notice ***