95.3 6EBA FM
A program on disability and Ethnicity
Tonight on ‘EthnicAbility’, 29th November 2010, the Hon Simon O’Brien, Minister for Transport; and Disability Services, joins us. As this week is Disability Awareness Week, Minister O’Brien will discuss ‘Count Me In’, the new Disability Strategy. How will this strategy impact on us, particularly those of us who are from CALD backgrounds? Find out the answers to this question … tonight on ‘EthnicAbility’.
Tune in and listen!
every Monday evening from 7:30–8:00 pm (WA time) on 95.3 6EBA FM.
Or listen live on the internet at www.6eba.com.au and click on ‘Listen now’.
And …. If you still miss EthnicAbility, you can download recent past programs from www.edac.org.au, Click on “Radio Program” and select the show you want to listen to.
Previous programs on ‘EthnicAbility’ available for download from EDAC’s website are:
- ( 25 / 01 / 2010 ) Jenny au Yeong, CEO: EDAC in 2010
- ( 18 / 01 / 2010 ) Christine Booth: British film maker featuring people with disabilities
- ( 04 / 01 / 2010 ) Susan Stork-Finlay: Emergency planning for PWDs
- ( 21 / 12 / 2009 ) Celebrating Contributions of Kelly Kljajic, FECCA Disability Chair
- ( 14 / 12 / 2009 ) Migration Summary Report
- ( 07 / 12 / 2009 ) Prof Ron McCallum, Chair UN Traty onrights of PWD’s: Developments in the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disability
- ( 03 / 11 / 2009 ) Effie Mehan: Migration Series Pt 5
- ( 27 / 10 / 2009 ) Maria Gillman: Migration Series Pt 4
- ( 20 / 10 / 2009 ) Yusuf Akbas: Migration Series Pt 3
- ( 13 / 10 / 2009 ) Katarina Sljivovac & Dr Prof Marius Room: The first Hearing Voices World Congress
- ( 06 / 10 / 2009 ) Nihal Iscel: Wellbeing, and how mental health is maintained in different cultures
- ( 29 / 09 / 2009 ) Paranthaman Kuppusamy: Migration Series Pt 2
- ( 22 / 09 / 2009 ) Nihal Iscel: Migration Series Pt1
- ( 15 / 09 / 2009 ) Jessica Zammit & Frank Hall-Bentick: BCA info in alternative languages; New Education Fund for Disadvantaged blind and vision impaired
- ( 08 / 09 / 2009 ) Dr Rufus May & Lyn Mahboub: Dealing with hearing voices
- ( 01 / 09 / 2009 ) Jao Buron: GPS Tracking for Alzheimers sufferers
- ( 25 / 08 / 2009 ) Michelle Burgermeister: Your rights as a tennant
- ( 18 / 08 / 2009 ) National Disability Strategy report and the National Disability Insurance Scheme
- ( 11 / 08 / 2009 ) Madison and Roy de Rozario: The story of a paralympian
- ( 04 / 08 / 2009 ) Barbara: A story of colonisation, Sexual abuse, war and mental illness
- ( 28 / 07 / 2009 ) Evangelia McVeigh: Collecting donations for the disadvantaged in Jerusalem
- ( 21 / 07 / 2009 ) Katherine Siak: Homes of Mercy
- ( 14 / 07 / 2009 ) History of Disability Services; and Syed Ali, EDAC Advocate
- ( 07 / 07 / 2009 ) Rayna Lamb: Trouble finding Rental accommodation
If you would like to be a sponsor of ‘EthnicAbility’, contact Zel on (08) 9388 7455. By sponsoring ‘EthnicAbility’, you will be helping to disclose issues that impact on the lives of ethnic people with disability, their family, community and service providers.
EthnicAbility explores issues affecting people with a disability from an ethnic background. In so doing, we will be speaking to people with a disability from an ethnic background themselves, their parents/family, friends, community members and service providers. And we may
Even talk to you!
So don’t forget to switch on to 95.3 6EBA FM every Monday evening at 7:30 pm(WA time)
For further information, contact EDAC on (08) 9388 7455 or send an email to us at ethnicability.
Ethnic Disability Advocacy Centre (EDAC)
Tel: 9388 7455